Monday 20 January 2020

"The Night Circus" By Erin Morgenstern

"The Night Circus" 

By Erin Morgenstern


This is one  of the most magical books I have read... talking literally. It is a mystical and exceptional story built around two key people at the same time tying all other characters close in the story beautifully.  I wish they make a movie on this book so that I can actually watch all the wonders described here. This is one of those books which I have binge read.  In the beginning I thought there was too much of prose in the book.  However, once I completed around 10% of the book, interest started building up.  That is the point where you start getting hooked up.  

The book is about magic and two people who are supposed to compete with each other.  They have to figure out everything from the venue to the competitor to rules.  They have to excel at what they do at the same time doing better than the other.  While doing so they hopelessly fall in love with each other and their longing for true love is the biggest magic in the book.  "The circus arrives without warning" is the most lovable and sought after line in the book.  The world of illusions, surprises, tricks and magic; all has been covered exceptionally here. 

The circus in this book is one of the most dreamlike places in the world.  I wish there is such a circus which could take us away from the real world.  How the competitors make the system work and travel around the world is excellent.  The world thinks it is just illusion but the reality is so entirely different. that is what makes this book difficult to keep down.

 I am glad I joined this group on Goodreads - "Indian Readers".  They are currently reading this book and I started reading it post their recommendation.  There are many sections in this book which I love, I am listing below some of those.  These are the lines which I can keep saying out loud and refer to - again and again.

"Secrets have power and that power diminishes when they are shared, so they are best kept and kept well"
"The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones"
"I prefer to remain unenlightened, to better appreciate the dark" 
"Past stays on you the way powdered sugar stays on your hands"
"Stories are meant to be told.  You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul and it might move them and drive them".  


Overall Review: 5*

Grip Factor             : 5+
Language Style      : 5
Engaging Plot        : 5+
Characters             : 5+
Satisfying End       : 5



No comments:

Post a Comment

"The housekeeper and the Professor" by Ogawa Yoko

 "The Housekeeper and the Professor" by "Ogawa Yoko" Overall Rating:     5* Grip Factor:           5* Writing Style:    ...